Wednesday 19 January 2011

Enough is Enough?

A couple of years ago I wouldn't have dared coming clean in January about plans for the year in case things went wrong. Well, things always do go wrong one way or another but the blogging spirit eventually overcomes the inhibitions so now I'm happy to nail up my colours and take the flak if the performances don't meet the ambitions.

Now I've always felt my plans were fairly modest compared with some of the keener ultra competitors - John Vernon, Jim D, Sue Donelly and Rob Apple to name just a few - but both this year and last I detected the mildest hint of a raised eyebrow at my gameplan. The ever wise Murdo tM put things in true perspective by directing me to Nick Ham's blog, with the comment "You're just a part-timer Andy!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you've got the green light from the organisers for doing UTMB, Andy.

So that's that weekend take care of!!

Murdo t M

ianbeattie1 said...

Good luck Andy; you enjoy it and you're good at it, so how can anyone criticise? Hope to see you at a few of the events. Ian

graeme reid said...

Andy

What are your thoughts on doing the WHW and UTMB in the same year? My intentions had been to do one or the other but I'm still not sure.

Andy Cole said...

Hi Graeme,
I think it depends on your aspirations. I'm not sure that I ever do 100 milers "flat out" so I always reckon that a month should be enough to recover. For me, I'll be happy with somewhere around 24 hours in the WHW, then I'll do the Lakeland and TMB with the only objective of finishing.